Bluebird Resource Guide
Stay connected with the most current information.
- How recently was the information on the site updated? Reliable sites should have been updated within the last few months.
- Does the web site provide contact information? The sites should provide a contact name, address, and telephone number.
- Use caution when asked to submit personal information such as social security number, password, or credit card number.
- Is there a source given for the information? Reliable sites should give references and sources for their information.
- Who is the editorial staff? Reliable sites should provide information on the editorial staff including their qualifications and credentials.
- Does the site protect your confidentiality? Be sure that sites that require registration do not release contact data without permission.
- What is the reputation of the organization or institution? The most reliable web sites are run by reputable institutions. Reputable institutions are more likely to provide timely, accurate and unbiased information.
- Be aware of “look-alike” organizations. Sometimes unreliable organizations will choose names and web sites very similar to well known legitimate organizations.